štvrtok 27. októbra 2011

Preparing for Halloween part 1

Hello my dearies! ^^
As you probably know Halloween is comming really fast! It's one om my favourite holidays, although it's not celebrated here very much, but it's getting more popular from year to year. This year I'm not going to dress up in any costume, because there's going to be Halloween meet up with my lovely lolitas ^^ I'm looking forward to it and my outfit is already prepared...except accessories! Our dress code is in gothic style with black, red and orange colours. I decided  to make it more monster/zombie/whatever themed to fit up more with halloween spirit. I was thinking a lot about it, browsing the internet and what I found was absolutely creepy, cute, funny and "shoddy" at once! Thing I'm talking about is called "sugar skull". I found some info here if you want to know more about meaning and the tradition from Mexico.
Now to our little Halloween project! First thing I'm going to show you is how to make those cute sugar skull brooches! I love them to death! xD Left one is Flora and the right one is Prescilla. In the middle is Lisa. Nice to meet you!

What I used:
  • black and white felt 
  • thin filling 
  • threads in many colours
  • scissors 
  • pins and needles 
  • acrylic paint and brush (if you don't have as many colour as you want)
  • pen and paper for sketch

Here we go!


First, make some sketches. It's always very useful. This one I used also as a pattern. 


Cut it out and fold in halves. This way you can shape both sides, same way, at once.


Take your color pens and creativity and make some drafts!


Here is mine!


Redraw pattern on the felt twice.


Since on black felt won't be seenable any marker we need to make it other way! Cut the "eye" part and the "nose" part out.


Pin it on the felt and cut it around


I don't have many colours, but the main thing:


the PINK thread is missing! That's horrible! I needed to improvise...


I mixed red and white acrylic colour and painted with outcome pink thicker thread.


Here is it! It was somehow my experiment, but result was quite ok! ^^



With this pink thread I sewed on Prescilla's eyes.



Than nose and mouth...


...and in the end some deco embroidery!


Floras head's backside - so many tiny details! xO


Now we need to cut out the filling. I did it as by eyes and nose - pin it on the filling and cut around.


Done! Let's sew it!


I sew back and front sides together and we're finished! ^^

I hope you like this little halloween project and make sure to check the next part with eyeball bows! 

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára